Year of birth:
Place of birth:
Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Violin BA – Seoul – The Korean University of Arts – Nam Yun Kim – (2005-2009)
- Viola MA – Berlin – Hochschule für Musik „Hanns Eisler” – Tabea Zimmermann – (2010-2012)
- Viola MA Instrumentalsolist – Berlin – Universität der Künste – Hartmut Rohde – (2013-2015)
- Chamber Music MA – München – Hochschule für Musik und Theater – Christoph Poppen/ Hariolf Schichtig- (2013-2015)
- Viola Soloklasse – Hannover – Hochschule für Musik, Theater und Medien – Volker Jacobsen – (2015- )
Coordinate Solo Viola NDR Radiophilharmonie Hannover, Freelance
Sejune Kim, the new solo violist in the NDR Radiophilharmonie, has already gained numerous awards along his path as a musician. He was the winner of the 1st prize at the Jan Rakowski Competition, won the 2nd prize at the Tokyo Viola Competition as well as at the Hindemith Competition. He was awarded with the 3rd prize at the Max-Rostal Competition and also at the International Instrumental Competition Markneukirchen.
In addition to his solo activities he also gained a considerable number of prizes within his work as a member of the Abel Quartet string ensemble. He was awarded with the 1st prize at the Joseph Haydn Competition, obtained the 2nd prize at the Lyon Chamber Music Competition and won the 3rd prize at the Geneva Competition in the string quartet category. During his studies, Sejune Kim was inspired and taught by Tabea Zimmermann, Hartmut Rohde, Christoph Poppen, Eberhard Feltz, Hariolf Schlichtig and Volker Jacobsen.