Year of birth:
Place of birth:
- Viola BA – Izmir, Turkey – Dokuz Eylül University – Çetin Aydar/ Pınar Dinçer – (2010-2013)
- Viola BA – Berlin – Hochschule für Musik „Hanns Eisler“ – Pauline Sachse/ Friedemann Weigle – (2013-2015)
- Viola MA – Berlin – Hochschule für Musik „Hanns Eisler“ – Tabea Zimmermann – (2015-2019)
- I. Principal Viola: Gürzenich Orchester Köln (since 2020)
- Member of Bayreuther Festspielorchester (since 2022)
Öykü Canpolat was born in 1993 in Izmir, Turkey. At the age of nine, she started studying viola as a ‘young student’ in the class of Dr. Cetin Aydar, the viola professor at the State Conservatory „Dokuz Eylül University“. She was the youngest ‘young student’ in the Conservatory. She continued her Bachelor studies also as a student of Prof. Çetin Aydar. She was promoted twice during her education due to her outstanding success, therefore she graduated two years earlier than the usual.
In 2013 she came to Berlin and started her Bachelor studies for the second time from the fifth semester at the Hochschule für Musik ´Hanns Eisler` in Berlin. Her teachers were Prof. Pauline Sachse und Prof. Friedemann Weigle.
From 2014 to 2106 Ms. Canpolat was a member of the Orchestra Academy of the Berlin Radio Symphony Orchestra (Rundfunk Sinfonie Orchester Berlin) while also playing with the Dresden Philharmonic Orchestra as a substitute.
In April 2015, she won First Prize as well as a special audience prize at the seventh International Szymon-Goldberg Competition.
In 2015, she began her Master Studies at the Hochschule für Musik ‘Hanns Eisler’ in Berlin under the tutelage of Prof. Tabea Zimmermann. She graduated with Highest Honors in 2019.
From 2016 to 2020, she was a tenured member as Coordinate Solo Viola at the Deutsche Oper Berlin.
In February 2020, she became Principal Viola in the Gürzenich Orchestra Cologne , which is conducted by François-Xavier Roth.